Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Where Does A Logo Come From

In the early 1980s, I worked as the publications designer for The Saint Louis Art Museum and recall the abundance of artistic inspiration in the nearby galleries. Years later, I often notice, in my design and my photography, how the works of the Masters subconsciously find their way into my work.
    The above logo was created for a multi-faceted company with a wide range of products that addressed a multitude of consumers. Each entity worked as a branded business but maintained its relationship to the same company vision and philosophy. Creating an energetic and modular logo out of the company's initials so that areas were allowed their own movement within the overall context of the complete trademark was the winning solution.
     Below is a painting by Frank Stella, one of my favorite artists and inspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment